Checklist for Cost and Schedule Estimation
This document tells project managers what they should take into account when performing cost and schedule estimation.
- Is the estimation based on a detailed description of the requirements for the system's functionality and quality?
- Have you voted about different estimation values?
- Do the effort estimates reflect the skill experience levels of the personnel who will be assigned to the project?
- Does the estimating data reflect a reasonable staffing plan with the available personnel?
- Is the estimated schedule reasonable with respect to task effort estimates, dependencies, and planned staffing?
- Have the project manager and personnel to be assigned to the project participated in the development of the effort and schedule estimates and endorsed them?
- Has the customer agreed to the estimating data?
- Have the estimates been validated?